BIOMUTANT Gameplay Trailer and 15 Minutes of Footage from Gamescom
The beautiful open world action of BIOMUTANT comes alive with a brand new gameplay trailer and some footage from Gamescom 2018.
Explore the post-apocalyptic open world of BIOMUTANT which is launching later this year. BIOMUTANT gives players control of a raccoon-like creature that can be fully customised with everything from fur, to type of tail and more. Set in a world where mutant creatures roam the lands, it'll be up to you to create your own story with branching storylines that offer up choice in what to do and shape the outcome of the world. The combat system allows players to mix martial arts with various melee, guns and mutant abilities together to create satisfying freeflow gameplay.
BIOMUTANT is being created by the team at Experiment 101, who had previously been part of Avalanche Studios and worked on the Just Cause series. Take a look at a brand new gameplay trailer above!
IGN also got an extended look at the Gamescom Demo with 15 Minutes of Gameplay Footage with developers explaining more about the game and things that players can look forward to when it launches.
A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT
- The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Learning new Wushu combat forms through progression and learning from masters you’ll meet, will constantly add to your choices and make sure combat never gets old.
EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY
- You’ll be able to re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to physical mutations like mantis-claws and barbed tails, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations like telekinesis, levitation and more.
NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING
- You are totally free when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique 1H or 2H slash, crush and pierce melee weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications like cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials adding to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton - the scrap-toy sidekick!
GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE
- You are totally free when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but what type of gear you wear. Equip a gas-mask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.
SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD
- You are free to explore the world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts. Explore the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.
AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END
- Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down...
No release date was given yet, but BIOMUTANT is coming to PC, Xbox One and PS4 in 2018.