Castlevania spiritual successor Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night launches June 18th
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night the long awaited spiritual successor to Castlevania has had a long road, with development going all the way back to 2015 when the original Kickstarer campaign launched. Since then the game smashed records when it managed to raise over $5.5 Million, making it one of the highest Kickstarted games ever. After a few delays, the game has seemingly been stuck in limbo - but that is soon to end as the game finally has a release date and will launch on June 18th 2019.
The game is being created by Koji Igarashi, who previously worked on the Castlevania series. Players will play as Miriam, an orphan that must find a cure to save herself as they explore a Metroidvania world with plenty of side-scrolling action and RPG elements to keep you engaged. Additionally, the game is getting some visual improvements to update the look of the game with updated creatures and more.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Features
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is launching on June 18th 2019.