COD Modern Warfare Season 1 begins December 3rd with large content drop!
Activision prepares to deliver the largest update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on December 3rd - with extra maps, modes and more coming to the game for free!
"The biggest free content drop in Call of Duty history" is how Activision is describing their upcoming Season 1 Content drop coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare next week on December 3rd. In a new blog post, developer Infinity Ward breaks down what players can expect with even more maps, modes and content coming to the game for free. No matter which platform or which version you own, all players will get the same content regardless.
New maps coming to COD: Modern Warfare
From next week on you should have access brand new multiplayer maps - including a brand new Ground War Map and the return of some old favourites from previous Modern Warfare titles! Best of all, you won't need to spend a single penny as all content will be given to everyone for free.
- Crash (Multiplayer Map) A classic map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, complete with flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters. Dataminer have already pointed out the existence of this map. Now it becomes a reality.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, as you already know it from COD4: Modern Warfare - with exciting indoor battles in the entire office complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): Another returning favourite is the classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
Additional Maps Activision says we can expect more multiplayer maps coming to Season 1 post-launch. Perhaps we may see some Modern Warfare 2 maps added in a future update?
New game modes and co-op missions for everyone
That's not all, the upcoming update will also feature brand new game modes and missions for all players to take part in.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
Additional Content: Look for more Special Ops content and additional modes as Season 1 continues.
Free Content and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's Battle Pass System
With the (paid) Battle Pass, Infinity Ward introduces 100 Tiers and you'll be rewarded with bonuses at each level you reach. A few exras from the Battle Pass will also be unlockable by simply playing. Included are two new basic weapons and cosmetic items. On December 3rd, Activision will be going into more detail with another blog post. You can see the new weapons for all players below:
- Ram-7 New Weapon: Introducing a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle with integrated picatinny rails at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- Holger-26 New Weapon: LMG spec of the Holger model rifle, with integrated sight rail and drum magazine for additional ammunition-carrying capacity.
Note: Some content may not be available at the start of Season 1 on December 3rd, and we may see even more content coming to the Season as it progresses.