Chivalry 2 Open Beta starts May 27th with Cross-Play Functionality: Trailer and Details
Sharpen your swords: Torn Banner Studios invites you to the open beta of the medieval battle simulator Chivalry 2. It starts at the end of May. PC and console gamers will be bashing each other's heads in. Will the platform war finally be decided in Chivalry 2?
Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Torn Banner Studios invite you to another beta round with Chivalry 2. The medieval battlefest is undoubtedly suitable for all players who have already enjoyed Mordhau or, for example, For Honor - perhaps you too will soon be able to get excited about the battle genre since Chivalry 2 is bloodier than a Texas Chainsaw Massacre, you can only watch the open beta announcement trailer on YouTube with the appropriate age verification.
Start and end of the Chivalry 2 Open Beta
The upcoming Open Beta is no longer intended to let only pre-orderers take to the field. All PC gamers and console gamers are cordially invited to thrust two-handed swords into the guts of opponents from 27 May 2021. Free of charge, of course. The developer studio primarily wants to use this to test whether Chivalry 2 is ready for larger cross-play sessions and, moreover, it will be the last beta phase before the release of Chivalry 2 on 8 June. PC gamers can take part in the beta via the Epic client (Epic keys available from us - including pre-order bonus).
Beta Preload start: May 26th, 4 p.m. BST
Chivalry 2 Open Beta launch: May 27th, 4 p.m. BST
End of Chivalry 2 Open Beta: June 1st, 4 p.m. BST
Based on player feedback from the closed beta, you can try out an updated version of Chivalry 2, with new features, maps and further updates.
Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta content and highlights include:
- The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Order seeks to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after it declared support for Argon II. Burn the village, breach the gate, steal the gold, and kill the soldiers.
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): Agathian forces lie in wait, ready to ambush the Mason army that marches forth to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, capture and hold the gatehouse, and kill the Duke.
- The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective Map): After weeks of siege, Agathian forces begin a final assault upon a Mason stronghold defended by the Mason heir. Push the siege towers, capture and hold the gatehouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, capture and hold the courtyard, and take down the heir to achieve victory.
- The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): The armies of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an evenly matched open field of battle.
- Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): Elite warriors of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and adoration of the crowd.
- Free-for-All (New for Open Beta): It’s you versus everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all gamemode appearing for the first time in the Cross-Play Open Beta.
- Full Customization (New for Open Beta): Customize your in-game appearance and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you earn experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 sub-classes.
- Duel Servers (New for Open Beta): Available for PC only, players can choose to enter special servers set up for players looking to hone their 1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are asked to abide by the honor system and respect players aiming to focus on 1-on-1 duels.
- 64/40 Player Server Options (New for Open Beta): Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles requiring more communication and teamwork, options to join 40-player servers for Team Objective mode will also be available.
- Same Platform Parties (New for Open Beta): Players can now group up and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.