Dune: Spice Wars gets a Multiplayer Update and brand new Trailer!
Head back to the sand with Dune: Spice Wars, which has received a brand new Multiplayer update today. Developer Shiro and publisher Funcom may have only released the game in Early Access 2 months ago, but it's already been quite a popular hit among critics and fans alike. There's no sign of the things slowing down as today's update shows.
Whether you want to play Co-op with other players against AI, or you prefer battling others the game now features a robust system for both parties. The update also includes a number of new events, regions, building illustrations and more, as well as balance adjustments. See the patch notes below for the full list of new features:
Dune: Spice Wars Multiplayer Update
- Multiplayer (Dedicated Servers & Peer to Peer)
- New regions
- New resolutions
- New events
- New Underworld Headquarter buildings
- New buildings illustrations
- Confirmation before attacking a Sietch
- Balance & Tweaks of almost everything
- Rework of Harkonnen units
- Rework of the Wreckers
- Rework of the militia aggro system
- Improved AIs
- Faction limit for Fremen Sietches’ buildings
- Charters can now have flexible eligibility during deciding and voting phases
- Eliminated factions during decide and voting phase now properly get removed
- Removed spice freighters
The Multiplayer update is only the start of things to come, as developer Shiro plans to add even more content throughout the Early Access period, with the next planned update to feature a brand new playable Faction. After that we can expect spaceports, councilors and more to arrive in the future.