Signup to play the HUMANKIND Early Beta from December 15th
Amplitude and SEGA are planning to release the strategy game HUMANKIND on April 22nd 2021, but why wait that long? Join the early beta and play HUMANKIND as early as December 15th. See our guide to find out how!
It's still a while until the regular release of HUMANKIND, but good news everyone! Amplitude, the developers of the game that mixes Civilization game mechanics with their own ideas, have seen sense and let you into the game earlier. From December 15th 2020 you can play the so-called "Lucy OpenDev scenario" to get a taste of what awaits you next year. The prerequisite is that you have pre-ordered HUMANKIND and activated it on Steam. Of course, this also works with the cheaper Steam keys from Gamesplanet, because as an official partner of SEGA and Amplitude we already deliver the keys (with a nice discount).
Here's what to expect in the Lucy OpenDev scenario with HUMANKIND
Amplitude describes this beta phase itself as the "largest OpenDev scenario released to date". And indeed, you will have the opportunity to play HUMANKIND extensively. Expect four complete eras and be prepared for seven strong AI opponents! Play HUMANKIND from the Neolithic to the end of the Early Modern period in more than a hundred rounds. Within these eras, you will have the opportunity to try out each of the forty different cultures. According to Amplitude, this opens up ten thousand potential game combinations that should keep you entertained for quite some time.
During the OpenDev you will play as Lucy, but when HUMANKIND releases later in April 2021 you will you be able to create your own avatar and compete against friends with it.
How to play the HUMANKIND OpenDev scenario
First, the Digital Deluxe Edition of HUMANKIND must be activated in your Steam library. After that, you will need to link your GAMES2GETHER account. Here's how to register for the beta step by step:
- Buy HUMANKIND Digital Deluxe with 20% discount at Gamesplanet.
- Redeem the Steam key you bought on Steam.
- Visit the GAMES2GETHER page, log in to your account there or create a new one on the registration page.
- After logging in to your GAMES2GETHER account page, link your Steam account to G2G. To do this, click on "LINK" to the right of "STEAM ACCOUNT". Even if you have already linked G2G to Steam, you may have to repeat or update the process (re-sync).
- After clicking the "LINK" button on G2G, another browser tab will open. Log in to your Steam account and then click on "Log in".
- GAMES2GETHER works for a few seconds and links both accounts. Then the message "Your account has beend synced" should appear under "MY INFORMATION
- Did everything work? Wonderful! Then on December 15th after 3pm GMT open G2G's Rewards page and click the "Redeem" button. After that, HUMANKIND - OpenDev will appear in the overview of your Steam library, ready to be played. You may have to restart Steam completely for it to work smoothly. The beta playtime ends on December 28th at 3pm GMT.
Register for an account at G2G if you are new to the platform
Check your mailbox and confirm the registration
Log in to the G2G site
Click on "LINK" next to STEAM ACCOUNT on the account overview
Then log into Steam and click on "Sign In"
The accounts are now linked. Return to the G2G site on Dec 15 (after 3pm GMT) to redeem your reward
Did everything go smoothly or do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out to our lovely support team via email@example.com.