Post Scriptum delayed until August 9th, Pre-order Beta launching July 18th
Developer Periscope Games pushes back their upcoming 40v40 Multiplayer War game Post Scriptum by 3 weeks. Now launches on August 9th, with a Beta starting July 18th.
The upcoming first person shooter Post Scriptum has been on many gamers radars for a while as it's trying to deliver an authentic War experience with historical accuracy, massive 40 v 40 battles, realistic weapons, vehicles and locations. Originally the game was going to launch this Thursday (July 18th), however the developer Periscope Games has given the game a last minute delay until August 9th to allow further polish with the title to make sure it's running better at launch.
While it's a blow to those who were expecting to get their hands on this multiplayer shooter later this week, it's not all bad news as a Beta is coming July 18th for those who pre-ordered the game and will run until release. In a statement on the Steam page, the developer explains their decision to delay the game a little longer to deliver the best possible experience at launch.
Instead of releasing an unoptimized game on July 18th, we would like to open up a 24/7 open beta period until our new release date. This will allow you to still enjoy and play the game, while helping us collect vital information to resolve all bugs and optimization issues in time for release. Post Scriptum is currently feature complete, and this beta period will allow our team to allocate all resources to bug fixing and optimization.
Open Beta Content
- Dedicated Server files for public use
- 24/7 Access to the game
- All core game features
- Pre-order gives instant access
- Ability to report bugs, feedback and glitches
- Consistent updates with fixes
Preload of Post Scriptum now possible
Pre-order Post Scriptum at Gamesplanet and you'll instantly get a key for the game so you can start preloading the Beta ahead of the July 18th launch.
Post Scriptum Features
- 40 vs 40 multiplayer PvP battles (50v50 is our goal)
- Parachuting into action
- Photo scanned 3D Uniforms
- Artillery and Airstrike support
- Vehicles using realistic values, such as turret speed, armor thickness etc..
- Authentic level at a 1:1 scale based on military archives and historical maps
- Faithfully recreated historical weapons, vehicles and famous landmarks
- Base building, fortification and barricades
- Logistic and supply runs to help fortify your position and rearm friendlies
- Towing system for supplies
- In game Voice Over IP with proximity fade
- Player driven objectives in Sandbox game mode
- Full access to PS SDK to add or modify content
- Steam Workshop support
- 5 maps for a total of 140 km² of authentic playable area
- 3 game modes, such as “Offensive”, “Stratagem” and “Sandbox”
- More than 40 faithfully recreated vehicles and 50 authentic weapons
- British & German factions, including the 1st Airborne Division, XXXth Corp, Waffen SS and the Wehrmacht
- The entire western vicinity of Arnhem in 1944 and Arnhem city center with its famous bridge too far
- Source Development Kit for you to add or modify content.