Preload: How to install Red Dead Redemption 2 on your PC
Rockstar Games has opened the preload lines for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 and you'll need at least 110 gig free to download. Here we'll show you how to activate the game, start the preload with the Rockstar Games Launcher and download the game data in advance.
Step 1: Install Rocket Games Launcher and activate RDR2
- Download the Rockstar Games Launcher for Windows for free.
- Start the launcher after the installation and login with the login data of your Rockstar account. If you do not yet have a Social Club account with Rockstar, you can click on "Create new account" in the upper right corner of the same window.
- Click on "STORE" in the Rockstar Launcher above and then on "REDEEM CODE".
- Another window with the heading "Rockstar Activation Code" will open. Copy the key from your order at Gamesplanet and paste it (without spaces) into the field.
- Be sure to be logged in to the correct Rockstar account and then click "CHECK".
- A green field with a check mark informs you about the validity of the key. Below you can see which contents will be activated during activation, depending on the edition of the game.
- Place a tick in front of "I have understood that ...", click on "REDEEM" and then on "CLOSE".
Success! You've added the game to your Rockstar library and can now start the installation.
Step 2: Download and install Red Dead Redemption 2
- Ppen the Rockstar Games Launcher and log in with your Rockstar account data (or create an account).
- Click Red Dead Redemption 2 on the left side of your game library, and then click "Pre-load".
- Choose a location with enough space for the installation files. For the preload at least 110 GB must be free. Then click on "INSTALL". 4 Now the Rockstar Launcher downloads the game data. After the installation (and after the release of RDR2) you start the game via your library in the launcher.