The Elder Scrolls Online: New Elsweyr Expansion Trailer and play ESO for free from March 28th!
Today marks the 25th Anniversary for The Elder Scrolls series, and to celebrate Bethesda are doing plenty of great things - including discounts on the franchise and allowing players to try ESO for free on March 28th!
Bethesda are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Elder Scrolls, which first launched on March 25th 1994 with the release The Elder Scrolls Arena. Since then we've seen a number of titles in the popular RPG franchise with the most recent being Skyrim back in 2011, and The Elder Scrolsl 6 in development. To celebrate this we've got a sale on the Elder Scrolls Franchise until April 2nd. Get classics like Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (GOTY), Skyrim, or even The Elder Scrolls Online's expansions for up to 56% off!
ESO gamers can now play Elsweyr's Prologe Quest for free
At the same time, Bethesda is preparing for the release of the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr expansion in early June. Today the publisher revealed a brand new trailer for the expansion that shows off some of the areas you'll be exploring later this year. Additionally, players will be able to jump into the game today and start the Prologue quest for Elsweyr ahead of the launch. Here's how you can take part:
- You can purchase the quest from the ESO Crown Shop for free. Grab the "Sealed Imperial Summons" and activate it in your inventory.
- Visit the Imperial Messenger Anais Davauxn in the first major city of your Alliance, near the Impresario’s tent. Aldmeri players can find her outside the northern gates of Vulkhel Guard. Daggerfall Alliance Characters can find her on the approach to Daggerfall City from the east, and Ebonheart characters can find her at Davon’s Watch near the east gate.
It's definitely worth completing this quest as those who finish the Prologue will receive the Dragon Flight Illusion Gem, which can be used to summon a spectral group of Mini-Dragons!
Play ESO for free from March 28th - including the Elsweyr Prologue!
Want to travel to the world of Tamriel and try out The Elder Scrolls online without having to pay anything? Players will be able to jump into the game for free from March 28th until April 3rd 2019. This free trial of ESO will give players access to the base game and the prologue mission for ESO: Elsweyr. Additionally, you'll be able to explore the island of the Dark Elves as the Morrowind zone will be opened to all players. This is a great way for newcomers to try out the game and explore the world before purchasing the game.
Don't forget we've got a sale on the game until April 3rd, so if you decide to pick it up you'll save more with our deals!
Pre-order ESO: Elsweyr at Gamesplanet
By pre-ordering Elsweyr from Gamesplanet you'll be able to gain Early Access to play the expansion on May 20th 2019 and if you purchase either The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr or The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr - Digital Collector's Edition you'll gain immediate access to the Base Game, Morrowind and Summneset expansions as well (not included with the upgrade versions)! All pre-orders will also be able to get the following bonuses for free:
- Noble Clan Chief costume - The clans of Anequina in northern Elsweyr are largely nomadic, but they nonetheless have hereditary aristocracies who express their wealth and power through the splendor of their clothing.
- Blue Dragon Imp pet - A clever Illusion Imp that's found a way to get free handouts and a warm place to sleep.
- A Baandari Pedlar Crown Crate - A mystery collection of Baandari items!
- Elsweyr Treasure Maps bundle – A collection of three Treasure Maps that will lead you to hidden riches.
- Crown Experience Scrolls (x2) – 100% XP scrolls, created by a Priestess of Meridia, to help you get started on your adventures.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr launches on June 4th 2019 and is available in 4 Editions on PC. You can see how they differ in content from each other with our handy Version Comparison Guide.