Cel-Shaded Shooter XIII remake gets a new launch trailer!
Do you remember good old XIII from 2003? The cult classic was a hit among both press and fans alike, with Eurogamer giving it high praise: "In truth XIII is a flawed masterpiece. A game brimming with variety and a freshness lacking from most of the factory farmed franchise exercises that pass through our offices with crushing regularity. " Now 17 years later the game is set for a modern update with Microids publishing the new title out tomorrow. Everything that made the original a hidden gem is here on show, but with updated visuals and improved gameplay to iron out some of the rough design of the classic shooter.
In XIII, you slip into the cel-shaded boots of the eponymous person with no identity and dive into a solo campaign full of twists and turns. The narrative is based on the exemplary comic series and is a novelty in the shooter field. You wake up on a beach without memories, but with a bullet wound and realise that you are a kind of professional fighter. The President of the United States has apparently been assassinated and you have more to do with that than you initially suspect. XIII is not only a shooter for single and multiplayer fighters, but also an exciting story about a great conspiracy.
- The remake of the 2003 cult FPS initially released on PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube.
- A new artistic direction that respects the original work and its iconic cel-shading design.
- Numerous references to the eponymous graphic novel, with onomatopoeia, speech bubbles, panels and more.
- Music and voices from the original version.
- A conspiracy-based plot with numerous twists and turns.
- Varied gameplay with action, infiltration and exploration phases.
- A breathtaking solo campaign with 34 levels.
- A brutal arsenal of 15 weapons to get your memory back.
- Fierce multi-player fights.
XIII is playable in its new form from November 10th. Pre-order the game today to get the following extras:
- Golden Classic Weapon Pack. Take out your enemies with style using the golden pistol and knife!
- The game XIII - Classic. Discover or relive the original 2003 experience, based on the comic book by Jean Van Hamme and William Vance.