Tabletop game Necromunda: Underhive Wars comes to PC in Summer 2020!
Publisher Focus Home Interactive has a soft spot (and the license) for tabletop adaptations of Games Workshop and this summer they'll add a new title to their belt with the launch of Necromunda: Underhive Wars, the next board game adaptation of a real classic. Behind the PC implementation is a developer studio from Montreal: Rogue Factor, who already know a lot about Games Workshop material, with their team previously making a name for itself with the award-winning Mordheim: City of the Damned.
Necromunda: Underhive Wars will be the first video game to be set in Hive World. And even though the story trailer released today unfortunately doesn't show any gameplay elements,we get some insights into the dystopian world of Necromunda that make you want to raid the dark hive. Rival gangs fight there for resources, power and honour. A merciless world to be sure.
In Necromunda you become the leader of a gang for the Orlock, Escher and Goliath houses and it'll be up to you to train your members, be victorious in the hive battles and collect loot and new skills. Focus speaks of "tactical role-playing" with "third person battles". Will it be a turn-based game by itself?
Necromunda: Underhive Wars Features
- Learn new skills, loot equipment and bring your evolved gang to 4-player online gang fights.
- Lead and evolve your gangs in this compelling tactical-RPG
- Follow a rich narrative campaign in the Underhive
- Engage in immersive and persistent game modes
- First video game adaptation from mythical tabletop game Necromunda, the most famous Hive World of Warhammer 40,000
- Play solo or join thrilling 4-way online gang fights
Necromunda: Underhive Wars will be released in the summer of 2020 and will also be available soon from Gamesplanet to pre-order.