Description of Cartel Tycoon
Set in a fictionalized 1980s Latin America, Cartel Tycoon tells the story of a time when cocaine took over first the US, and then the whole world. Ridiculously rich drug kingpins rule their glorious empires, creating thousands of jobs. But at the same time, a maelstrom of violence envelops this criminal world.
Build an empire of drug production and smuggling chains while dealing with rival cartels, your rogue lieutenants, state authorities, and public opinion. Deal in marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine and legal goods that are a front for your drug trade. Conquer neighboring regions and send profits climbing to unlock new upgrade paths and powerful research opportunities. Adapt on the fly to procedurally-generated events.
Authorities, rival cartels, the DEA, army and even the CIA all threaten your growing business. When you die (it never does truly end well for drug lords), take over the empire as your successor, and build your empire from the ruins all over again.
In Cartel Tycoon, failure is inevitable and violence begets more violence—but for the cunning kingpin, vast profits await.
Expand a drug empire in the late ‘80s, controlling everything from production to supply lines. Deal in marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine and legal goods disguising your drug trade.
Rival cartels, the DEA, army and even the CIA all threaten your growing business. Death is inevitable, but not the end. You can choose a replacement.
Conquer neighboring regions and send profits soaring to unlock new upgrade paths and powerful research opportunities
Original soundtrack recorded by artists including Orkesta Mendoza, Chico Unicornio, Candeleros, C.A.M.P.O.S., The Vicious Seeds and more!
- Grow your empire. Develop your humble farming operation into a massive logistical system comprising plantations, laboratories, aerodromes, and more.
- Reign your way. Tycoon action on an epic scale with dozens of upgrade paths and endless strategic combinations.
- Death is inevitable. When your capo falls, promote one of your unique lieutenants to take control and continue growing your cartel.
- Everything - and everyone - has a price. Launder your hard-earned cash to develop your empire, maintain your lieutenants' allegiance, and bribe corrupt politicians.
- Defend what's yours. Evade the authorities and square off against rival cartels on the path to profit.
- Endless replayability. Explore a dynamic narrative system with dozens of unique characters combined with limitless sandbox gameplay.
Featuring an original soundtrack that captures the era with psychedelic and Latin American influences.