Description of Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter
Buy Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
Destroyer: The U-boat hunter is an innovative, cross-genre destroyer simulation which truthfully depicts the struggle of escort groups protecting allied convoys against German U-boats during the Battle of the Atlantic. Take full control of a Fletcher-class destroyer, using authentic instruments and attack procedures to fully savor the experience in simulation mode, or enjoy complete awareness and more action in tactical mode, without the need to understand complex devices or realistic procedures.
Regardless of the mode, Destroyer combines the thrill of commanding an anti-submarine warship with the tactical challenge of managing a whole escort group protecting convoys against relentless wolfpacks. The game goes to great lengths to appeal to fans of realism and immersion, at the same time offering a great experience for the more casual-oriented fans of the genre as well.
Whether a milsim veteran or a fledgling captain, immerse yourself in a cinematic naval warfare experience and feel the thrill of the hunt!
- Procedural battle generation with randomized weather, time of day, and enemy attack patterns, allowing for a virtually infinite number of battle scenarios.
- A detailed Fletcher-class destroyer model with 5 locations meticulously recreated in state-of-the art 3D: the bridge, the combat information center, the sonar room, the gun director, and the lookouts’ station.
- Over 300 voice reports recorded by professional voice actors, navy school cadets and US Navy experts for unparalleled immersion and situational awareness.
- A total of 10 different battle stations covering the most essential duties of the anti-submarine attack team, each complete with its key instruments and gear to give you the edge over the enemy.
- 4 different convoy battle configurations (small, medium, large, and custom).
- A dark, thematic soundtrack comprising 4 multi-layered pieces that dynamically adjust to the level of tension between you and the enemy.
- Varied U-boat captain profiles: aggressive, sneaky, patient, or cold professional - each of them with an ace up their sleeve.