Description of Mars Tactics
Buy Mars Tactics as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
Mars Tactics combines turn-based tactical gameplay with large-scale strategy across a detailed map of Mars. Choose one of two asymmetric factions – Capital or Labor – and lead soldiers that grow and learn dynamically from what happens to them in each battle. Vehicles, air strikes, and artillery all allow you to reshape the destructible buildings and environment of each battlefield.
In the battle of Capital vs Labor, who will you choose? The Mellon Corporation – Capital – monopolizes the mining of a new rare element with the potential to solve all of Earth’s energy needs. But the workers on Mars – Labor – are exposed to deadly mining conditions and cut off from all regulatory protection they might have enjoyed while on Earth. Will you lead Labor in the rise from a small band of desperate workers scrounging for ammunition and supplies, or accept charge of the vast resources and powerful starting position of Capital (but be forever beholden to the relentless demands of your shareholders on Earth)?
Total Tactical Freedom
The best of turn-based tactical gameplay, with battlefields designed for destruction.
- Classic Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Suppression, flanking, cover, line of sight, fog of war, friendly fire, and everything you've come to expect from the genre. 360 Aim System: Your troops can shoot at anything in their line of sight – not just enemies. Shoot the ceiling and throw a grenade through the hole. Unlock your tactical creativity.
- Advanced Suppression Mechanics: Taking fire can reduce a unit's AP and ability to act. Focus fire on a single target to keep them pinned and vulnerable to flanking.
- Ballistics and Destruction: Bullets behave like real physical objects and missed shots can hit other enemies, allies, or civilians. Most objects can be destroyed to remove cover and create new attack lines. Can't out-flank 'em? Blow a hole in the wall!
Today's rookies scavenging for weapons and ammo, turn into tomorrow's veterans riding armored vehicles and calling in air strikes.
- Unique Personalities: Your troops develop traits and abilities dynamically based on what happens in battle. If a rookie keeps hitting lucky distant shots, he might grow into a sniper. Adapt to how your troops develop to build unique squads in every playthrough.
- Dynamic Battlefields: Equipment is scarce on Mars. Look for stuff to scavenge around the battlefield. If your sniper runs out of ammo, loot an SMG from a dead combatant to stay in the fight.
- Grand Warfare: Faced with a fortified enemy position? Call in an airstrike or make use of that artillery you stashed nearby. Want to make the enemy tremble? Arrive at the battlefield in armored personnel carriers, rolling right over the barricades in your path.
- Emergent Economics: You're just one agent in a dynamic and interlinked economy stretching across Mars and Earth. Wreck an ice mine during a battle and the drop in water supplies could send prices surging. (Maybe that was your goal!)
You aren't just fighting individual battles, you are conquering a map of Mars.
- Better Strategy Layer: Battles take place in a big, interconnected world. Squads near a battle site will eventually enter combat as reinforcements. Create or block escape routes by capturing surrounding terrain. Carefully hide squads and set up ambushes.
- Squad Management: You will fight across multiple battle fronts, and your soldiers can get tired or injured. Troops will be sent on special assignments to boost support for your cause or recruit rookies. Growing a deep, diverse bench of soldiers will be crucial to victory.
- Goal Oriented Action Planning (GOAP AI): Enemy soldiers and commanders think ahead and look for creative ways to accomplish their goals. Sometimes that means retreating to fight you another day, sometimes that means luring your troops into an ambush.
- Design Your Economy: Embrace the free market to buy your way to victory, or setup communes to create ultra-loyal workers? Rule Mars with an iron red fist, or listen to the concerns of your people?