Description of Railway Empire 2
Buy Railway Empire 2 as a Steam key at Gamesplanet.com
The age of railways
All aboard the express train to riches and fame in Railway Empire 2! Don the coat of a clever entrepreneur, take over a small railway company in the early 1800s and turn your steam engines into the workhorses of the economy. Grow your company into the largest railway company of the continent and outsmart your competitors as you connect cities and companies with an ever-expanding network of rail lines, bridges, and tunnels. 60 famous steam engines are at your disposal, all pulling freight and passenger cars as they usher in an era of historic importance during the Industrial Revolution.
Build the perfect rail network
Railway Empire 2 features bigger, more detailed and lively maps than ever before. The whole of the US and continental Europe are covered in two huge, sprawling maps, whilst more detailed maps put the focus on specific regions of each continent. Improved track construction helps you focus on the important decisions as you drive the economy and help the growth of the cities. Signals are placed automatically, bridges can hold up to 4 tracks and the expandable train stations can now have up to 8 tracks.
A detailed game world
Choose from 6 different characters to lead your railway company, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Play the 5 campaigns or any of the 14 different scenarios if you are looking for a challenge. Set your own difficulty in the fully customisable Free Play mode or build the perfect rail network in construction mode. You can even board one of your trains and gaze upon the scenery passing by as the iron horse speeds along the tracks while you sit back and enjoy the view.
- History in the making: In 1830 at the dawn of the age of railways, build a grand railway empire from scratch and choose from 60 detailed, historic locomotives that you can customize with your preferred colors and company initials.
- A sprawling landscape: Huge and detailed game world covering the whole of the USA and Europe in one single map each, as well as more detailed regional maps spread all over the US and Europe.
- Endless Possibilities: Choose how you want to play from the 5 chapter campaign set across iconic regions of Europe and the US, 14 scenarios, the customizable free play mode, the relaxing construction mode and co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players controlling the same railway company.
- Improved track construction: Laying Tracks is easier than ever with automatically placed signals, bridges that can hold up to 4 tracks, train stations with up to 8 tracks and new train station attachments to customize your stations. The land also adapts to your track layout as your tracks cross mountains, valley and plains.
- Enjoy the view: Ride along your train and see the landscape rush by from the inside of the wagons or from the front seat in the driver’s compartment of the steam engine.